Tuesday, October 18, 2005

Eggs The Problem

It’s been quite some time since my last entry. Why? Nothing, it just I haven’t got the mood to write. Well this is partly caused by my hectic weekends. Raya is coming and my cookies order list is getting longer. This is the first attempt me selling cookies for Hari Raya, and so far I can say the respond is quite good. I got around 4300 order for Cornflakes Rocher and 1600 for Walnut Choc. Chip, this, I suppose is not so bad for a start.

Last Sunday I slaved myself to Walnut Choc Chip just to find it’s a bit hard, though it’s still crispy but not close to perfect. So all 850 will be rejected for delivery, well Mak and Aunty will have a lot of cookies from me this Raya..hehehe. Ok, yesterday I was wondering why it’s rock hard? The amount of butter is ok, flour? perfect, oats? Right amount too, so what went wrong, finally it’s the egg. Somehow I got the smallest egg, with the missing water content results in hard cookies. So this morning instead of 2 eggs, I put in 3 that is equivalent to 2 large eggs. This simple equation results in perfect cookies.

No comments: